Sunday, October 17, 2010

TIE

Just got back from the Fall 2010 TIE Cadre Training. Words can hardly express what this training and all of the combined trainings from the cadre have meant to my life as an educator. I'm so busy that it's hard to find time to explore new ideas and new things. The bottom line is TIE gives me the tools, resources, and time I need to stay in touch with the latest and greatest trends in education and in technology. It's made me step out of my box and soul-search and explore how I can really impact education in a dramatic way. I've always wanted to have an impact. I mean--doesn't everyone. You don't choose education. It chooses you! Then, you hope you make the ride what it's meant to be for students. Since becoming a technology coordinator full time, I've wondered many times if I made the right decision. Being out of the classroom and that constant interaction with students, you wonder if you are still making the impact that you should. I've considered administration and even interviewed for a principal's position this summer and honestly had convinced myself that finally as an administrator I could impact more lives as an administrator than as a teacher or as a technology coordinator. I was reminded during this past TIE training of what my passion is. My passion is teaching. I love that light bulb effect you get when you've shared something that transforms someone's life whether it's a student or another teacher. So, I'm ready to explore that passion again whether it's in the classroom with students or it's on the road sharing my knowledge with other educators. I love sharing knowledge and I think my passion for sharing shows when I present. I want to be able to share that with people. That means I'm getting to work on figuring out ways to do that. I already present at a variety of conferences, but I think it's time to get out of my comfort zone and see if I can make my passion pay off for other educators. Look for more blogging, more wiki updates, and a few more surprises ahead. Thanks TIE for paving the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment